Intake Counselor - PRN Night Shift
The Intake Counselor/Clinician’s primary role is to assess the needs of walk-in clients and phone callers and ensure their referral to the service or resource to best address those needs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist administration, physicians and clinical staff in the assessment of pending admits and coordination of services.
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate direct and indirect facility assessments and client admissions making decisions concerning the level of care for treatment.
- Direct the screening of potential patients for admission into the program and initiate the integrated assessment process.
- Identify and address safety concerns to ensure the safety of patients and service providers.
- Make decisions concerning the level of care for treatment.
We are hiring for PRN / as needed licensed counselors to work night and weekend shifts.
- Licenses: Licensed to practice in the State of Texas as a LMSW, LCSW, LPC or LPC-I
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years clinical experience, preferably in a behavioral healthcare setting, phone triage, tele-health or case management or combination of education and experience. Inpatient experience preferred.
- Education: Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy, psychology)
- Additional: Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge and clinical skills in diagnosis and treatment of mental health.
- Knowledgeable of patient rights and laws pertaining to mental health.
- Must have excellent listening skills with a pleasant demeanor that encourages and engages others. Outstanding communication (written and oral) skills, assessment and intervention skills. Persuasive manner and skills in overcoming denial and resistance to treatment.
- Ability to deal with crisis and potentially combative patients while maintaining personal and emotional equilibrium. Ability to empathetically relate to people.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize with strong time management skills.
- Must have basic PC skills that include a combination of working in a Windows Operating System and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k) and a generous amount of paid time off.
If you are among the most competitive and qualified candidates for the job, you will be contacted directly by one of our hiring managers. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries regarding your application status. Good luck & we hope to meet you soon!
Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.