Licensed Therapists - All Shifts Needed
We are searching for Licensed Clinicians (LPC-I, LPC, LMSW, LMFT, LMFT-A) for both full time basis and PRN (as needed)with experience in Inpatient psychiatric services. Serving as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team, the Clinician will provide therapeutic group and individual services to adult or adolescent patients for emotional or substance abuse problems.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides therapy in a group and individual setting
- Develops and implements therapeutic treatment plans in concert with the interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Demonstrates sound application of Cognitive Behavioral Theory and methodology
- Contributes effectively to discharge planning.
- Plans and prepares for activities.
- Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Education: Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy, psychology)
- Licenses: LPC-I, LPC, LMSW, LMFT or LMFT-A Required
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a healthcare field or combination education and experience required. Inpatient psychiatric experience preferred..
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, assessment, evaluation, and interpretation skills.
- Knowledge of psychiatric and addictive disease diagnoses and treatment; flexibility; teaching or training skills helpful; understanding of, or ability to understand, DSMIIIR methodology.
- Advanced knowledge and clinical skills in diagnosis and treatment of mental health. Knowledgeable of patient rights and laws pertaining to mental health.
- Must have basic PC skills that include a combination of working in a Windows Operating System and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a good listener with a pleasant demeanor that encourages and engages others.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize with strong time management skills.
- Screening: Must successfully pass background check, drug screen, physical and be able to provide positive employment references.
- Physical Demands: With or without reasonable accommodations, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand for sustained period of time, walk, pull, lift, raise and move objects from position to position (up to 50 lbs), finger grasp; feel sizes, shapes, temperatures, and textures; express or exchange ideas orally and potentially loudly, accurately, or quickly; visually detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, assess; perceive the nature of sound with or without correction; perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands, or fingers.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the hospital.
If you are among the most competitive and qualified candidates for the job, you will be contacted directly by one of our hiring managers. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries regarding your application status. Good Luck & we hope to meet you soon!
Georgetown Behavioral Healthcare Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k) and a generous amount of paid time off.