Mental Health Tech - Multiple Shifts
We are looking to hire PRN Mental Health Techs, days and nights available on all units. We also need full-time Mental Health Techs for the night shift. MHT's provide high quality care to patients who are hospitalized with psychiatric/ emotional disorders. MHT's hired must support the hospital program philosophy of care, support and ensure a therapeutic milieu for all patients, communicate with nursing staff constantly and participate in the patient plan of care.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. CPR and SAMA is required (training required and employer provided)
- Required Licenses: None
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years clinical experience, preferably in a behavioral healthcare setting, phone triage, tele-health or case management or combination of education and experience. Experience in a free standing psychiatric hospital preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a good listener with a pleasant demeanor that encourages and engages others.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize with strong time management skills.
- Screening: Must successfully pass background check, drug screen, physical and be able to provide positive employment references.
- Physical Demands: With or without reasonable accommodations, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand for sustained period of time, walk, pull, lift, raise and move objects from position to position (up to 50 lbs), finger grasp; feel sizes, shapes, temperatures, and textures; express or exchange ideas orally and potentially loudly, accurately, or quickly; visually detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, assess; perceive the nature of sound with or without correction; perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands, or fingers.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the hospital.
If you are among the most competitive and qualified candidates for the job, you will be contacted directly by one of our hiring managers. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries regarding your application status. Good Luck & we hope to meet you soon!
Georgetown Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k) and a generous amount of paid time off.